Unable to navigate to Home Page

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Steve A H
Aircraft Type: 1950 C140A
Occupation-Interests: Retired

Unable to navigate to Home Page

Post by 8424 »

Rob,

When on the Board index/Member Forums pages, when clicking on the Association Icon in the upper left of the page (in the blue portion), or clicking on the "Home page...Main Cessna 120-140 Website" title in the bottom line in the light blue portion of the top of the page, it goes to Cessna120-140.org, and I get a warning from Firefox not to go to the site. I would guess this needs to go to "cessna120140.com"?

Typing cessna120140.com in the address line is the only way that I can find to get back to the home page.

I like the new format...easier to get around except as mentioned above...can't get back to the home page.

Steve H
Name: Joe B
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Unable to navigate to Home Page

Post by 8337 »

I found it difficult to find the forums
Name: Michael R
Aircraft Type: 46 140 0-200
Occupation-Interests: Retired!

Post by 6352 »

Try clicking on icon upper left corner to return to home. I like new format but as an old dog I hate change (till I get used to it)
Mike Rabe
C140
KDVT
Name: John C
Aircraft Type: 1946 C140/C90
Occupation-Interests: A&P, semi-retired

Post by 6643 »

Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Post by Rob Swanland »

Thanks for the feedback. Just like everyone else I don't like change either. Over the course of the next couple of weeks there will be a lot of refinements to the new website which should improve various problems as you have noted, and improve the performance of the site in general - please be patient and continue sending or posting feedback.

Joe, thanks for the comment regarding the link from the website to the forum. I will consider making the link more prominent.

As mentioned in my announcement post (which John linked to above), the major change is to the membership system. We have been running for many years with very old membership database which has long been unsupported and could crash at any time. Moreover for each new member that signed up it would require me to manually create their account and send out an activation email. The new membership system automates much of this process. Also with the new system, you can visit the main website, login to gain access to the "Members Only" resources, then click on the forum link at the top of the page and you will already be logged in to the forum site.

Over the next few weeks more refinements will be coming along. As my time permits I will be adding new and relevant content to the website - my goal is to keep the site perpetually changing and improving. Suggestions and contributions to the site content are very much appreciated.

Rob
Name: John Kliewer
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests: Corporate PIlot - retired

Post by 6863 »

Thank you Rob for your hard work and diligence and for your commitment to the forum and the Association.
John Kliewer

"Make things as simple as possible but no simpler." Albert Einstiein

"Wheels move the body. Wings move the soul."
Name: Steve A H
Aircraft Type: 1950 C140A

Post by 8424 »

Rob,

It must have been a "quirk" thing when I was unable to go to the home page by clicking on the icon as noted in the original post in this thread. When I just read Mike's post, I tried it again and it worked for me too!

I second the thanks to you for your work on the site. I'm glad folks know how to do this stuff...if it was up to me it would all be paper copies and a lot of USPS stamps to get info to everyone!

Steve H
Name: Edd
Aircraft Type: 140

Post by 4004 »

Can't get on my usual route via ".org" - says "not secure site". Can get on via ".com" but different hoe page. Think something is happening - don't understand the dialogue about "new page" - is this something real real new or the recovery page after the big corruption?

Edd
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Post by Rob Swanland »

Hi Edd... and to other members who have some confusion about the website login:

The new Cessna 120-140 Association website is hosted by a different company and we are using a new domain URL: https://cessna120140.com . Please use this new link to access the main website. From the top of the website page there is a link to the forum as well.

There are various reasons why we are abandoning the old hosting company. Suffice it to say we were not receiving good service (do you remember the problem with the forum back in 2018?). The intention is to retain the old website URL, "www.cessna120-140.org", as links to this URL are all over the internet. However this will become a secondary link to the new site. It will take several days for the old link to be active and working properly. Temporary outages to the website can still be expected in the days and weeks to come as mentioned in my announcement message.

Bottom line: use the new URL link https://cessna120140.com, go to the new site, login using your existing credentials (member number & password) and then review your profile and make any needed updates. Your profile can be accessed by using the "My Account" link at the top of the page. Please be aware that some comprehensive documentation on how to use every feature of the new website is in the works, however please be patient as my time is divided between my volunteer work for the Association and my day job.

I do appreciate the feedback and will answer questions as they come up.

Rob
Name: David Freeland
Aircraft Type: 1946 C120
Occupation-Interests: Program Management

Post by 8233 »

Awesome work Rob! How are things looking for restoring the old forum posts?
David Freeland - CFII
1972 Bellanca Super Viking and 1946 Cessna 120