End of an Era

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: End of an Era

Post by V529 »

8322 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:06 pm Man, what else could be that fun to look at while sipping crappy coffee out of a styrofoam cup at the terminal at Podunk Regional Airport while stretching the legs a bit on a cross country?
Never done that............. ;)
Name: David Freeland
Aircraft Type: 1946 C120
Occupation-Interests: Program Management

Post by 8233 »

6898 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:29 pm Yes I agree it’s hard to drop the past like it’s nothing. As I’m typing this on my phone no paper no pen. I miss looking at a VFR chart seeing 200 miles away and where all the airports are as opposed to looking at a 5” screen trying to pan out to see where they are .TAP would show up and that would be a hour of looking and sometimes finding things that I would have never seen. A lot has changed and seems more is heading our way all the time . Keep up or get lost seems the new normal? I’m trying but it’s a pretty fast pace . I’ll miss TAP and many others like it .
The sadness for me is remembering the countless times I saw my dad turning through the TAP looking for that next special airplane. It's a natural evolution in technology but still always a fond memory of a time where that was practically the only way to find stuff and often build new relationships.
David Freeland - CFII
1972 Bellanca Super Viking and 1946 Cessna 120
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 8150 »

I started flying in the sixties. When we got three TAP a month. There was a column for sale of Beech 17''s There would be ten to twelve for sale each issue. They were going for $15-17,500. Wis I'd bought ten of them I did buy a PT22 for $700.00. Also, I bought a 140 for $750. At the time, I was an Air Force enlisted guy. Read every TAP that sowed up at the aero club.