ADS-B rebate

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

ADS-B rebate

Post by 8157 »

I applied for the ADS-B rebate and then had the SkyBeacon TSO installed. I flew the validation flight, and received the satisfactory validation report. I did not get the GAIRS, required to finish the rebate application. I called AOPA and that told me that the rebate people are requiring SkyBeacon rebate applicants to submit the 337 and bill of sale to prove that the TSO version has been installed (not the cheaper non TSO version). However, that have not been making notifications of this to the applicants. So I submitted the documents and several hours later recieved an approval email. Ya gotta love the FAA.
Name: Steve Rose
Aircraft Type: '48 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired Navy Maintainer

Re: ADS-B rebate

Post by 6339 »

yeah, I got that message too. I scanned the packing slip with my name and address and TSO verification on it and sent it in. my rebate check showed up last week. :D
Name: Larry B
Aircraft Type: 1948 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired Automation Engineer, Nothing to do and all day to do it.

Post by 8452 »

I put in a Stratus ESG transponder with the AHRS sensor and Stratus 3i permanently installed. Love it! I did the registration before installation, the verification flight and got the codes. I got an email from the FAA saying that the check is in the mail and it will take four to six weeks. That was March 3rd! The old check is in the mail gag.

You must register before the work is done and entered by the avionics shop into the FAA database.
Larry Bible

Returned to the club after three years away due to life’s changes
1948 Cessna 140, O200A, Ragwing, Custom IFR Panel
1966 Mooney M20F/J
Occupation-Interests: Retired Automation Engineer, Nothing to do and all day to do it.

Post by 8452 »

After two months and no check I contacted them and they said they would send it out, We’ll see.
Larry Bible

1966 Mooney M20F/J
Name: Terry R
Aircraft Type: C140 / O-290
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 8455 »

I had my IA install the Uavionix SkyBeacon on our C-205 at annual time. I flew the required check flights mid April, sent in the info and was requested to prove that I had installed the certified version instead of the less expensive experimental unit.

I don't know if my reply on April 22 with the info and somewhat irked statement about the government assuming I was a liar had anything to do with timing, but I received my rebate check in the mail yesterday.

Terry
Name: Michael R
Aircraft Type: 46 140 0-200
Occupation-Interests: Retired!

Post by 6352 »

I attempted to reserve rebate today for tailbeacon (not yet available tso but any day now! according to uavionics) and received message that no more rebates are available. Oh well.
Mike Rabe
C140
KDVT
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 8157 »

I got my rebate check today, It took a little over 3 weeks.

Post by 8452 »

Just to keep records straight, the check showed up in my mailbox this week. I believe if I hadn’t followed up I would have never received it.

So, with rebate check in hand, the net cost for panel mounted ADS-B out, permanently mounted Stratus 3i for pad IN and permanently mounted AHRS sensor for pad AHRS, installed and certified was $2700. Thanks to a Mooney friend who had to pull the Appareo to put in a 345 to feed the 750 he bought. He sold me the Appareo setup for $2200. I paid $1000 for installation and calibration and then the rebate makes a net cost of $2700. Not a whole lot more than the little gadget for the wing tip and I have much more functionality to show for it.

Both my planes are now ready for January.
Larry Bible

1966 Mooney M20F/J
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

I installed the GDL 82 Garmin UAT. Pretty straight forward. Watch the next Newsletter for an article on it. I did apply for the rebate and the process was seamless. Once I sent in the proof of my install and validation flight report, my check arrived in about two and a half weeks.

Post by 8452 »

For those with a good transponder, I think the GDL82 is probably the best, economical solution for ADS-B compliance where IN is not desired or a Stratus/Stratux type IN solution is considered adequate.
Larry Bible

1966 Mooney M20F/J