TWO (2) C-O200'S O-SOH AND 140 PACKAGE DEAL

For Buyers & Sellers: A Place to List Aircraft and Related Parts For Sale or Wanted to Buy

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Jayson S
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

TWO (2) C-O200'S O-SOH AND 140 PACKAGE DEAL

Post by 7725 »

Sold Thanks
Last edited by 7725 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Name: Michael Haas
Aircraft Type: Cessna 120
Occupation-Interests: Mechanical Engineer

Re: TWO (2) C-O200'S O-SOH AND 140 PACKAGE DEAL

Post by 7896 »

Can you post some pictures?
Michael Haas
'46 120 - N76219
Home Base: W96 (Quinton, VA)
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 7725 »

I've tried three times and can't get the pic's loaded. I believe its the pixel size holding it back?? Send me an email and I'll send you some photos
Name: Les S
Aircraft Type: C-
Occupation-Interests: QC Inspector, SWA. A&P IA, Commercial Pilot.

Post by 8339 »

Soooo how much do you think each of these 0-200s are worth? Is there an engine on the 140, or is that one of the two you are advertising? If you are saying ‘it’s basically getting a 140 for free,’ that must mean you believe these engines are worth 20,500 a piece? A free 140 without an engine, or is there a third engine on the aircraft. Now THAT would be a deal. Sorry to be blunt, but I’m asking for the entire group that is probably thinking the same thing I am. Please be more specific. Thanks!
Last edited by 8339 on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 7725 »

Well blunt you are. What do you think two fresh OH 0200’s are Worth? Not a “it’s fine put it back in” but both having standard crankshafts not any of this 10 or 20 under turned. All parts sent out Cam + Devco cases new Aluminium accessory cases sky tech starters & alternator new pistons bendix mags and much much more. While I’m asking questions- When did the meaning of “it’s like” become it is? Everybody love a good deal and I’m no eexception. This is a great deal for someone who wants a really nice plane not a bottom feeder that wants to steal one that’s bailing wire and chewing gum held together. I’m just speaking for the rest of us that have recently built engines and paid the bills without cutting corners.
Name: Mike Smith
Aircraft Type: 140A (2) 1949 & 1950
Occupation-Interests: Retired aerial power line patrol pilot for Gulf Power Co
120-140 Assoc. Florida Rep. N9633A & N9688A

Post by 6183 »

Okay, let's take a breath here and regroup. There's two engines and an airframe, not an airplane with an engine and two additional engines for a total of three engines.

I understood Jayson's original add very well, (1) one airplane with (2) two "0" time since overhauled engines all for $41K. On top of that the engines were overhauled by a professional engine facility which specializes in complete factory type overhaul procedures whereby all new internal parts plus brand new cylinders with pistons/rings are utilized. This is not a garage type overhaul where just parts were replaced that are within serviceable limits.

I can attest to the cost of one (1) well overhauled 0-200 by either the factory, a specialty engine shop or by someone like Randy Thompson or Tom Julian who know these engines very well. In 2019 dollars, the cost is over $20K assuming that the overhaul is a thorough endeavor, and not a lower. If you add an inspection of the prop by a certificated prop shop to the cost of the engine it even adds up faster.

$41K for the airplane that has almost all of the major restoration work accomplished plus two "0" time since overhauled engines is an outstanding deal for someone looking for a close to turn key project. I remember when Ken and Lorraine Morris advertised a 140A a few years back for over $50K. It was a turn key airplane that had all of the restoration work completed, new interior, and a '0" time since overhauled engine.

Everybody would like a good deal, it's the American way; however, too many think that a good deal is trying to locate i.e. an airplane, engine, prop, etc. at the least expensive outlay of money, and I'm sure that once in a while someone gets lucky. However, more than not that initial great deal works out to be more expensive than if one had actually paid more for an already completed or nearly completed project.
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 7725 »

Thanks Mike for the voice of reason. I made the mistake of being transparent and letting possible buyers know what my motivations were to sell. While I do grow tired of opportunistically low bids given my open motivation, its really nice to hear from guys like you. Aviation is a very small community. Getting smaller every day.

I've dedicated much of my hobby hours to help keep the older tail draggers in the air. I've collected - some purchased right on this site - and had professionally rebuilt quite a few 85's and 200's and one 65's - all re-sold at my cost. I do my best only to sell to an end user but some guys just lie and flip the engines for profit. because of guys like that I ask for pictures and tail numbers of the plane they plan to install the engine.

I've first hand experienced the price of the internal parts rise so significantly in the last few years its hard to justify my hobby and desire to keep searching and selling. This hobby has allowed me to meet and expand my friendships in aviation. I now have quite a few new friend that are flying around on one of these engines. Cub's to 140's.

Neverthless, I'm about to have my first grandchild and there with joy shall be my hobby hours for a while. With all these hanger mechanics slapping together half life engines at discounted prices, guys like above just don't understand what they are really getting. Fly safe and best, J

Post by 8339 »

I’m blunt because i have been to more than one airplane only to find a steaming pile of parts thet was advertised as great condition, overhauled, etc, and couldn't even produce a build sheet of what was accomplished. It cost the buyer at least a full day to book a flight, rent a car, arrange the meeting, etc. for one airplane, only to be disappointed. That cost money, and precious time. So if being blunt hurt your feeings, I’m sorry. I’ve changed my wording to better reflect what you said.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by 8339 on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 7077 »

Tire kickers are a dime a dozen I am with you this is my price this is what you get take it or leave it no peice meal today hang in there someone will be coming your way
Rod

Post by 8339 »

Not a tire kicker Rod. Actively looking for one that isn’t junk. Never said his stuff was. Not at all. Just want a good clarification that is all. I want to apologize to all if the post didn’t come off the way I intended. No need to hurl off insults.