WTB Drag Wires and Nuts - HELP!

For Buyers & Sellers: A Place to List Aircraft and Related Parts For Sale or Wanted to Buy

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: David C
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: hobo

WTB Drag Wires and Nuts - HELP!

Post by 8231 »

New member of the association and new owner of a 1946 C140 N89742. At my first annual we discovered a few loose drag wires. The fabric was way overdue to be replaced, so my A&P and I decided to recover the wings. We discovered that most of the drag wire nuts were badly rusted and about half the wires were looking on the ugly side. Everything else inside looked remarkably clean and solid.

I cannot find a source for the nuts anywhere. Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Also, would appreciate any leads on clean serviceable drag wires.

David
Name: John C
Aircraft Type: 1946 C140/C90
Occupation-Interests: A&P, semi-retired

Re: WTB Drag Wires and Nuts - HELP!

Post by 6643 »

There are several possible part numbers for the nuts. Once you figure them out, you can call Preferred Airparts and see if they have any. You can also look on "stockmarket.aero" Univair sells PMA approved replacement wires, some of which are certified to use off-the-shelf AN nuts. If all else fails, find someone who has an account with Partsbase and ask them to search for you. I used to have access, but they cracked down on companies with multiple locations and I ended up with the short end of the stick...