Window Latches Needed

For Buyers & Sellers: A Place to List Aircraft and Related Parts For Sale or Wanted to Buy

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Charley F
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests: MD

Window Latches Needed

Post by 8304 »

I just purchased a very tired '46 that flys very well.
The windows have been shut with RTV and there are no latches. I would like to remedy this if anyone has a used set of latches. Univair is too pricey... I'll keep checking eBay etc..

Thanks,
Charley
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Re: Window Latches Needed

Post by 2066 »

8304 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:40 am I just purchased a very tired '46 that flys very well.
The windows have been shut with RTV and there are no latches. I would like to remedy this if anyone has a used set of latches. Univair is too pricey... I'll keep checking eBay etc..

Thanks,
Charley
From a related post/thread...by 8170 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:03 pm:
A little update: I am going to offer a kit comprised of all the pieces to assemble the window latches. The plan is to machine the inner link from solid aluminum and make the larger link from extrusion or sheet metal. I will supply the pieces and you finish the parts into an assembly. Tentatively the kit will consist of the following:

2ea. Inner links
2ea. outer links
4ea. attaching angles (I may ship these unbent and the owner/installer can bend to shape)
2ea. knob (either 3d printed or machined)

*There may be other misc. parts with the kit once I finalize.

I am trying to keep the kit price below $200 plus shipping. With the prices other places get for these parts I think that is a deal. I am hoping to have the first prototype done soon. Please be patient. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.

Joe
Name: John L
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 8281 »

PM sent

John
Name: Marc Remhof
Aircraft Type: C-140
Occupation-Interests: Retired

Post by 8186 »

I have one window latch assembly available that we removed from our 140 (installed a set of new ones). It's in serviceable condition and will sell it for $60.00 including shipping in the lower 48 states.
Call me at 651-457-1554 if interested.
Marc
Name: Joe
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: Blasting people into the sky with rockets.

Post by 8170 »

My latch kits should be coming soon. Working on some final details.
"Some people spend their entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the Marines don't have that problem"