FOR SALE: Complete 1946 140 - Salvage or project

For Buyers & Sellers: A Place to List Aircraft and Related Parts For Sale or Wanted to Buy

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Patrick R
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

FOR SALE: Complete 1946 140 - Salvage or project

Post by 4843 »

I too have a 1946 C140-85 Continental 420SMOH nice paint and fabric, radios, EGT / EHT electronic leaning, in annual, flown regularly, Cleveland brakes, Scott tailwheel, just a few issues after groundloop and flip. Wingtip from end of main spar out needs repair, cown needs repair, engine mounts tubing replacement needed, Front strut needs replaced. Insurance waiting on my decision to keep it for salvage value or take the total hull value. Nobody has jumped at what I consider a wonderful opportunity for somebody who is a builder/restorer, wanting to get a very nice Cessna c140 1946. Good paint and interior. I need some help in posting SALVAGE for sale. Not sure its value, but if that engine passes flange test, it alone might be worth the salvage value price. Even with a tear down it still might. Or possibly with a Continental TCM teardown it still might, for somebody who is younger and better trained that I.
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Re: FOR SALE: Complete 1946 140 - Salvage or project

Post by meloosifah »

Flange dialing ok is not enough for the engine if it has had a strike. This would require complete Teardown, per Continental.

I might have a guy interested, depending on price and location. Let me know both and I will try to get you connected. Any photos available?