WTB 150 Exhaust Parts

For Buyers & Sellers: A Place to List Aircraft and Related Parts For Sale or Wanted to Buy

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

WTB 150 Exhaust Parts

Post by 6344 »

I am looking to switch from the straight exhaust set-up I have now to the 150 style. I have purchased the STC I am looking here first for any components you may have laying around to make the conversion, specifically the exhaust brace and harder to find components.
Name: 8590
Aircraft Type: 120
Occupation-Interests: Pilot

Re: WTB 150 Exhaust Parts

Post by 8590 »

If you are handy, or know someone who is and you can supervise the production, making the brackets is not hard at all and cost pennies compared to Cessna parts (if you can find them) Owner produced parts are allowed under the Regulations. (AC 20-62E)

The last set I bought, took months to procure from here, Ebay, Barnstormers, etc. and cost close to $500 with shipping when it was all said and done.

I made the brackets on my most recent conversion and I think it cost me about $12 in metal and took about 3 hours (I personally think mine are better than Cessna's by a long shot, they are far more sturdy) especially the one on the pilots side top that connects to the baffle.

Depends on what you are comfortable with.

texasairsalvage.com has the main brace for $395, but it doesn't look airworthy to me its cracked at the bolt hole
Name: Rick F
Aircraft Type: C-140 (sold)
Occupation-Interests: Captain B-777 (Retired)

Re: WTB 150 Exhaust Parts

Post by 8342 »

Try Wentworth air salvage. Not sure if that is the correct spelling.
And I think they are in Minnesota.
Good prices.

Rick