Installation of Airtex Interior

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Paula D
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Installation of Airtex Interior

Post by 8318 »

Hello, My topic is not so technical. I live in Northern Colorado and have a Cessna 120. I have received all Airtex materials for headliner, carpet, and seats. Is there anyone around here that could put it in? I have had at least eight people look and have waited for six months. Thanks, Technically Challenged
Name: Huey Pilot
Aircraft Type: 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired

Re: Installation of Airtex Interior

Post by 2356 »

I had my headliner installed by a person who did auto upholstery.
Name: John Kliewer
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests: Corporate PIlot - retired

Post by 6863 »

If you go to Member Products on the Association website you will find a video produced by our very own Lorraine Morris on how to install headliners. Hope this helps. https://cessna120140.com/wp-content/upl ... na-120.pdf?
John Kliewer

"Make things as simple as possible but no simpler." Albert Einstiein

"Wheels move the body. Wings move the soul."
VIP529
Name: Victor
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes until the cows come home..........they're still out!

Post by VIP529 »

8318 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:18 pm Hello, My topic is not so technical. I live in Northern Colorado and have a Cessna 120. I have received all Airtex materials for headliner, carpet, and seats. Is there anyone around here that could put it in? I have had at least eight people look and have waited for six months. Thanks, Technically Challenged
I fake it pretty well as an Airplane Mechanic in my Day job. "Interior work" was never my strong suit, however I was able to install the Airtex interior without Lorraine's fine video(I'm not certain it existed when I did my interior) and no-one has ever laughed me off the airport when they view my interior.

That being said an auto upholster person I'm certain could easily assist you and your mechanic.