Patroller door mod

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Joe
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: Blasting people into the sky with rockets.

Re: Patroller door mod

Post by 8170 »

I got what I needed from the blueprints. There are only a few dimensions actually needed to do the mod. I am going to finish mine out a little differently on the inside than the prints. Just a few detail changes nothing structurally. I will use the Cessna prints along with my detail changes to submit with the 337. The attached pictures are the progress I made the other night. once I do the first door and have all the processes down I plan on putting together a presentation on how to do it.
Attachments
Door4.jpg
Door4.jpg (109.43 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
Door3.jpg
Door3.jpg (139.49 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
Door2.jpg
Door2.jpg (120.18 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
"Some people spend their entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the Marines don't have that problem"
Name: Tom Macdonald
Aircraft Type: 46 Cessna 120
Occupation-Interests: A&P IA Mechanic

Post by 5557 »

Bless you, Rob - we all appreciate your efforts.
Name: Elijah
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 7838 »

Rob Swanland wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:49 am Just a quick update... all of the pictures and other documents from the old forum are preserved. The problem is that there are approximately 11,000 of these attachments, many of which have no value. I am working on this but it is a project that will take hundreds of hours. My goal is to take the posts and the image attachments from the old forum and organize this information is a useful fashion - I haven't yet figured out how I want to do this, but it will happen. --Rob
Just a thought, as that sounds like way too much work...

Rather than trying to re-post all of the information manually in this new forum, how about just archiving the old forum under a different directory on the site (eg www.cessna120140.com/oldforum) and then it can be indexed/searched by google? You could use something like httrack to make a static copy of the old forum and make that copy available. This would mitigate any security concerns running the old forum software. I have had good luck doing this for other sites and since it's just a static copy (all .html files) there is no maintenance required going forward.
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Post by Rob Swanland »

Certainly not a bad idea! I am still rebuilding the data structure and fixing a few other problems. Also working on the main website redesign... Rob
Name: Jim B
Aircraft Type: 140
Occupation-Interests: Pilot, Southwest Airlines

Post by 8240 »

Im still seeking information or blueprints on how to do the patroller door modification... any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Name: Martin Tanguay
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 5115 »

Joe,
We haven't seen pictures of your doors in a while. Have you had the chance to continue the project??
Pictures would be great.
How about a Technical Article for the next News Letter?? Chris would be very happy! ;)
Martin Tanguay
Intl Cessna 120-140 Association - Canadian rep
C140, C-FJAR, 1946, sn:9168, O-200, ragwings
Name: Joe
Occupation-Interests: Blasting people into the sky with rockets.

Post by 8170 »

Sorry folks its been 110+ here so I havent been at the hangar much. I just got back from football camp (I coach HS football) so I am going to finish the first one up soon and once I get it all together I will post pics and I will write a how to article. My mod wont be 100% per the Cessna drawings as I feel there is room for improvement in simplicity.
"Some people spend their entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the Marines don't have that problem"
Name: Bob P
Occupation-Interests: Flyboy

Post by 3679 »

Those of you looking for Patroller Door window mods, George Bryant had quite a few detailed photos on the old website along with descriptions of every phase of converting the door. You might try emailing him or calling him (contact details in the membership book), he's located in the Gainesville, Texas area.
Bob Parks
Texas State Rep.
N140P 1947 C140
N180W 1978 C180
VIP645
Name: Earl E
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by VIP645 »

I would also like to have a drawing if the door modification. I have some extra doors that need repair so why not put the glass in the bottom. My email is: ragwingsnrivets@aol.com Earl Evans located at 6A1
Name: Nathaniel W
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 8264 »

I also have all the information and pictures saved off the old website. If anyone is looking for it let me know and I'll send it your way.

Nathaniel Warner