140 fabric wing tip spars

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
air2jjs
Name: Jim
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: Mechanic, airline pilot, aviation and community food pantry volunteer.

140 fabric wing tip spars

Post by air2jjs »

Hello All, I'm looking for additional technical information (if available), on the alignment of the sheetmetal tip spars on the C140 fabric wing. Data shows no twist in the wing itself, which we do have. I'm having to remove the existing tip spars and re-install. Previous ground loop, somebody replaced the fwd tip spar, but alignment is off. Are there any additional Cessna drawings available for installing the sheetmetal tip spars?
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: 140 fabric wing tip spars

Post by V529 »

Hmmmm, hmmmm......... I was in the identical situation about 1995. As I recall the spars at the tip are straight and a straightforward riveted on replacement. Are you looking for technical data and/or the tips themselves?
air2jjs
Name: Jim
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: Mechanic, airline pilot, aviation and community food pantry volunteer.

Re: 140 fabric wing tip spars

Post by air2jjs »

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to confirm the tip spar(s) alignment with extruded main sections. Are they centerline or possibly at an angle? A drawing should have this info. Thanks again.