Looking for a couple part numbers

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Joe
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: Blasting people into the sky with rockets.

Looking for a couple part numbers

Post by 8170 »

Hi All. I am in the process of doing my annual and I wanted to change a few parts. The aren't necessarily bad but I feel like I want to get them ordered and changed before they fail due to age. Looking for the following:
1. Flex lines from hard line to brake caliper.
2. Hard lines from primer to engine
3. Hard line or flexible replacement from engine to OP gauge
4. Fuel flex line from carb
Any help you could provide would be great. TIA

Joe
"Some people spend their entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the Marines don't have that problem"
edidin
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Looking for a couple part numbers

Post by edidin »

See pages 86-88 in the parts manual - some lines vary by year. That said all these lines are typically made up in the field, and many brake systems have rigid lines all the way to the calipers. If you have flex lines, you can get new ones made either in the field or from one of the vendors by giving them the length and the fitting size.

Not terribly helpful, I know, BUT, I did look up some time ago the flexible line alternative for the oil pressure - purportedly the C150 flexible line will work and has the correct tiny (1/8) fittings for the C120s. My notes say it is a 359-2D0150. Although I just made a new copper line, your message prompted me to order the rubber one - only 7 left now!!
gene
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by gene »

edidin wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:00 pm See pages 86-88 in the parts manual - some lines vary by year. That said all these lines are typically made up in the field, and many brake systems have rigid lines all the way to the calipers. If you have flex lines, you can get new ones made either in the field or from one of the vendors by giving them the length and the fitting size.

Not terribly helpful, I know, BUT, I did look up some time ago the flexible line alternative for the oil pressure - purportedly the C150 flexible line will work and has the correct tiny (1/8) fittings for the C120s. My notes say it is a 359-2D0150. Although I just made a new copper line, your message prompted me to order the rubber one - only 7 left now!!
I have a C-140A and have a leak in the hard line from the top of the landing gear to the flexible line at the cylinder. Is it possible to remove that line without removing the landing gear leg?
edidin
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by edidin »

gene wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:56 am
I have a C-140A and have a leak in the hard line from the top of the landing gear to the flexible line at the cylinder. Is it possible to remove that line without removing the landing gear leg?
In the C120/C140 I'd say you can remove the left hard line certainly without removing the gear. The right side has more convoluted line paths in the fuselage and I'd tip to the side of you might have to pull the gear. Pull the interior and see if you can get to the nut and/or remove the line once it's loose.
Name: Mike Smith
Aircraft Type: 140A (2) 1949 & 1950
Occupation-Interests: Retired aerial power line patrol pilot for Gulf Power Co
120-140 Assoc. Florida Rep. N9633A & N9688A

Post by 6183 »

gene wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:56 am
edidin wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:00 pm See pages 86-88 in the parts manual - some lines vary by year. That said all these lines are typically made up in the field, and many brake systems have rigid lines all the way to the calipers. If you have flex lines, you can get new ones made either in the field or from one of the vendors by giving them the length and the fitting size.

No problem Gene. You'll need to remove the interior upholstery next to the seat cushion below the door in order to get at the fitting to change out the line. Recommend that you pump the fluid out of the brake reservoir on the side that has the leaking line before you remove it. Also make sure you use plenty of rags to keep any drips of fluid from going down into the belly of the aircraft. Replacement tubing is 5052-0 aluminum which is stronger for hydraulic applications such as brake lines over that of 3003-0.