Adding D windows to a C120

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
scottandy
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Adding D windows to a C120

Post by scottandy »

I've found a Cessna 120 for sale but it doesn't have the rear D windows. Are those something I could add? Any idea approximate cost? Any advice whether to consider it or not? Advantages? Disadvantages?
edidin
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Adding D windows to a C120

Post by edidin »

scottandy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:52 am I've found a Cessna 120 for sale but it doesn't have the rear D windows. Are those something I could add? Any idea approximate cost? Any advice whether to consider it or not? Advantages? Disadvantages?
The parts needed are at the back of the 120/140 parts manual under the "options" (Figure 74) section. It seems the main one needed, beyond the easily obtained plexiglass window and molding is the 00412144 (and -1) frame that provides the support needed after one cuts the hole.

Much better visibility is afforded by adding the window and a much less "closed in" cabin feeling also results IMHO.