C85 oil consumption

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
edidin
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Re: C85 oil consumption

Post by edidin »

tonycondon wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:14 am
edidin wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:17 am Thanks all. Time to address the leaking pushrod seals, maybe do a top while at it. 800 hours on cylinders of unknown providence seems to speak to a nice new set of Superior cylinders.
Realgasket pushrod tubes do not require cylinder replacement...unless you have a good reason to change the cylinder too
No Realgasket (spring loaded) pushrod tube on the aircraft. When the replacements start leaking with the new cylinders the Realgasket solution will be installed is my thinking. Don't know if the intake rocker arm is drilled, but will learn soon.
Name: Gary
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Retired Congressional Staff, Navy Reserve Retiree, Former P-3 Flight Engineer, Former aerospace technician

Post by 4945 »

I'm working with an A&P doing an overhaul on my C85 and found that all four of my intake rocker arms were replaced with exhaust rocker arms. All of the cylinders had evidence of oil entering the combustion chamber. I'm looking for three more intake rocker arms to replace the extra exhaust rocker arms.

Gary Prost
Stockton, CA
Name: Mike
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 6930 »

An honest 20 hours per quart, 1100 hrs since major overhaul with ECI nickel carbide cylinders, new cam and crank. Phillips 20-50 with Camguard. Change the oil every 25 hours. My arteries should be as clean as my engine 😳😉
Mike Pastore, N2635N
Naper Aero, LL10