Voltage Regulator Replacement

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Mike
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Voltage Regulator Replacement

Post by 6930 »

I replaced my ancient VR 300-14-50 Electrodelta VR with the Zeftronics G1200N. The Zeftronics unit is correctly sized to match my 20 amp generator.

It’s working perfectly. System comes on at about 1300 rpm and holds peak voltage right at 14v. I’ve noticed that my ammeter is not jiggling around anymore so I’m thinking that I had some issue with the old Electrodelta VR. So, aside from the fact that that at 50 amps it wasn’t the right size for my generator, there was some other issue and making the change was the right thing to do.

The G1200N bolted right in place on the firewall using the old Electrodelta bolt pattern. Three wires, three bolts and done. Couldn’t be easier!

During the install I had a few questions and contacted Zeftronics. I have to say that their customer service is absolutely top notch! Very highly recommended.

My A&P checked it all out and signed the logs. Good to go!

Thanks everyone for the input. Much appreciated.
Mike Pastore, N2635N
Naper Aero, LL10
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Post by 2066 »

Thanks for the update, Mike! It'd been several years, but your experience with the unit itself as well as excellent communication/support from the "factory" was same as mine. Quality product, quality folks. Glad it worked out! Mac
Name: Mike
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 6930 »

Thanks Mac!

I appreciate the input you provided. It was a great help with my decision.

All the best,
Mike Pastore, N2635N
Naper Aero, LL10