Anyone ever make a tank tab?

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
majourlittle
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Anyone ever make a tank tab?

Post by majourlittle »

I have my 140 in my local flying club and we have a rule that all the planes be put away full of fuel. With the 140, flying it half full is really more ideal. Our planes are typically filled by the line guys after each flight and so it is difficult to tell them we want them halfway filled, I was thinking about making a slip in tab for the fuel tank. Has anyone done something like this?

My general thought was to make a slip on cover that would go around the fuel nozzle and then rest on the fuel tank cap ledge and hold the fuel nozzle in the correct place to cause it to stop at half tank.

Thoughts?

Defueling the plane is something we can do, but it appears that this is more common than to fly full of fuel.
flyer2017
Name:
Aircraft Type: 140A
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Anyone ever make a tank tab?

Post by flyer2017 »

Why not just make a stick that show fuel in 2 gallon increments and then you'd know how much to ask for in each tank? Or does one already exist to buy?