Ferry Pilot Wanted- Lockhart TX to Warwick NY

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
gryph0n
Name: Steve S
Aircraft Type: 1948 C-140 O200
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Ferry Pilot Wanted- Lockhart TX to Warwick NY

Post by gryph0n »

The cabin heat kept my feet and my legs below the knee warm. Thighs were cold, but my upper body was fine in its parka and toque. It was hot in the glove box, so I always had a pair in there warming up, so I could switch em out when my hands got cold.
My copilot cocooned herself in the engine blanket and was ok. I regaled her with a recitation of The Cremation of Sam McGee, by Robert Service, a poet from my home town. That guy understood the cold.

I am going to install proper weatherstripping on the doors, any thoughts on a product anyone?

Steve S
Name: Drew
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests: Construction Consultant
RAF - CT State Liaison (theRAF.org)

Post by 8349 »

Hi Steve,

Totally forgot you were basing your 140 at N72. I just popped in there last weekend for the first time - which I remembered and let you know - we could've chatted from a safe distance... Loved taking off/landing on 21R - very smooth grass runway, will be perfect for the 140!

I will have to get back over that way again sometime soon to see the new bird.

Take care,

Drew L.
gryph0n
Name: Steve S
Aircraft Type: 1948 C-140 O200
Occupation-Interests:

Post by gryph0n »

Sorry I missed you Drew. I had all the hours needed to take my PPL check ride, but am now waiting for DPE’s to come back on line. Wish I could be flying, oh well..