Pre Purchase Inspection - North Carolina

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6183, 6643, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
sheltonmaine
Name:
Aircraft Type:

Pre Purchase Inspection - North Carolina

Post by sheltonmaine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Does anyone have a good contact for a competent A&P that could perform a pre-purchase inspection in Northern North Carolina. I've checked out the mechanics contacts and have sent out some messages and thought I'd drop a note in here. I purchased my first (and only) plane back in 2010 an nice 47 140 and didn't have the best guy do the pre-buy. Needless to say I spent a few bucks getting things caught up mechanically during my first year. Trying to avoid a repeat this time around.

Thanks,
Greg

Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation: Retired - Commercial Ins. Mktg.; 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Re: Pre Purchase Inspection - North Carolina

Post by 2066 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Greg, I can confidently recommend Richard Smith over in Wilkesboro, NC. He's a fellow Assoc. member, long time A&P/IA (+CFII, ATP, Balloon, etc. and etc. ;-)) and owns/maintains his own pristine 140 plus just a super nice person to boot! Richard's # is 336-921-3683. If he can't do it when you need, PM me and there may be other good options. (Tell him I referred you and he'll charge you 10% more...just kidding :D ) Mac

sheltonmaine
Name:
Aircraft Type:

Re: Pre Purchase Inspection - North Carolina

Post by sheltonmaine » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Thank you so much for the referral..... I will reach out this week.
Greg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic