Branson West in the books as a Success

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Branson West in the books as a Success

Post by 6898 »

First let me introduce my self as newly elected President of the Cessna 120 140 International Association. It will be a honor to represent this special group of friends and aircraft owners. Big shoes to fill from our past leaders and I'll do my best to continue to serve and grow our Assoc.
Our 44th annual convention hosted this year in Branson, MO. by your board members I thought was a great success I hope all that attended will agree with me.This year we had many changes to the convention which included our board as a host, Preregistration on line, a "Destination" location, a earlier date shift due to poor past weather, and more time as group evening events because our airport took little more travel time from the resort. Next years convention will be in Davenport,IA. hosted by Vince and Denise Jackovich which will be there 2nd time at this after hosting the 1991 convention there. Thank You for stepping up because it will take the board longer than that to recover.(Laughing) One of the many things we learned from this is the board can pull off a successful event with having never been to the location. Brett Swartzendruber had been to that area many times before and on his recommendation and knowing the airport manager prior to this event once we had a airport the rest was done on line. So in the future I hope more will ask to hold a convention in there state as the board can assist in many ways to lesson the task for them.
I'm very excited to serve as President for you, and can assure you that even with having a member from Germany at this past convention there was NO COLLUSION with Germany or Russia in this election ( Nor do I want to talk about that for 2 more years )! I am a little timid of being in front of the crowd and addressing board meetings but with some practice and help from Virgil I hope to get confidence in those areas. Linda Ross has accepted the Secretary Treasurer position all other board members stayed on (Thank You) are listed in the membership directory.
I have always loved aviation and have past family members interested too but I'm the first pilot other than a uncle who flew for the Flying Tigers in the 60's from what I remember. I always had a toy airplane in my hands as photos show from Christmas growing up. My dad flew model airplanes and would always take me along on the Saturday fly ins. I'ts been like a dream since the day I was introduced to my mentor of aviation. A United Airline Capt. with a deep love of aviation and pushing me to get my pilots licence most importantly teaching me in a tail wheel aircraft with towered airports was mandatory. Learning to solo in a 47 J-3 cub I was told you won't be able to get your licence in that and there was a 48 C-140 on the field sitting in a hangar for some time that we need to buy. The rest is history and how I got to be involved with the Assoc.
I look forward to pushing the envelope of getting new members that share our same passion for these vintage and worthy little Cessna's. I'ts proven to me that we start with the passion of the plane and quickly grows to our extended family which my wife Cindy and I found out at our first fly in convention the 2008 Dayton, OH. one. We were greeted with open arms and had never met one of them prior to that day. Now we tell family and friends at home we have our extended family all over the country and around the world. We met Sam and Nikko from Argentina and being at the type table Oshkosh also Sun & Fun meeting members from Europe and Canada is such a great feeling.
Thank You for trusting me and our board members I promise not to let you down. Jeff Tourt 3600V
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023
Name: John von Linsowe
Aircraft Type: 48 C-140
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Branson West in the books as a Success

Post by 5806 »

First, congratulations on a successful 2019 convention. It appears a good time was had by all.

Second, Jeff, congratulations and thank you for stepping up as the Association President. I am sure you will do well and provide leadership in the best interest of the group.
John
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Post by 6898 »

Thanks J.V. Missed you this year maybe next? My son is in Grand Rapids now so we should be heading your way in the near future.
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Post by Rob Swanland »

Jeff, your enthusiasm and dedication to the Association is second to none! I’m confident your leadership will bring a lot of energy to our group and I really enjoy working with you and Cindy. The Branson convention was a great success thanks to the hard work on your part along with Scott, Brett and Virgil. Thank you my friend!
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

Jeff, congratulations and well deserved. We all look forward to your leadership. For Virgil, our outgoing president, a fine job well done, You're a well respected ambassador of not only our Association but GA as well!
Name: Randy Thompson
Aircraft Type: Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes and engines

Post by 6298 »

Jeff will keep the association going with enthusiasm and honor. I am glad to see the future of our airplanes.
Randy Thompson A&P IA Pilot
Hold STC SA547EA for installation of O-200 engine in Cessna 120/140 and 140A"s
Overhaul small Continentals