About time to go.

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Chuck
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired. Comm ASMEL, Istrument, CFI, CFII, MEI, A&P/IA, Flight Engineer.

About time to go.

Post by 1307 »

I've owned my Cessna 140, N76596, s/n 11036, since 1980. Been an association member since shortly after getting 596 back in the air, (needed a lot of work). Being a seasoned citizen of 76 years, and severe bouts of Vertigo kicking my butt, I've decided the time has come to say goodbye to my prized possession. It's been sitting in the hangar for almost a year, lonely and unflown. This is a most difficult decision as flying has been my life for almost 60 years, both personally, and professionally. Selling 596 to a long time friend, who is also a previous Cessna 140 owner. Unsure if I'll renew the membership. The buyer has asked me to continue doing annual inspections for him, so I'll most likely renew as the association is a terrific source of 120-140 info. Plus the annual calendars Blake provides are terrific. CAVOK and tailwinds to all.
Chuck Holzer.
Name: John Kliewer
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests: Corporate PIlot - retired

Re: About time to go.

Post by 6863 »

Chuck, congratulations on a great run! And kudos to you for being able to make your decision now instead of waiting till you had a mishap. Thank you being a good model for everyone else. Doing the annual inspections for the new owner sounds like a great idea which will let you keep your hands on your airplane.

Cheers!
John Kliewer

"Make things as simple as possible but no simpler." Albert Einstiein

"Wheels move the body. Wings move the soul."
Name: Mac Forbes
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Post by 2066 »

John said it well, Chuck. Congratulations, and thanks! You've put a lot more in here than you could ever take out -- here's hoping that your experience and expertise-sharing contributions will continue. We all need you!! Incidentally, rumor has it that Blake is planning even more special calendars year after year after year -- you don't want to miss any of them! Mac
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Post by Rob Swanland »

Chuck, the knowledge and insight you have shared with us over the years is priceless. While you may not be the caretaker of 596 in the future, you will remain part of the family here!
Name: Horacio Berardone
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: Civil Engineering, Cattle breeding.

Post by 5469 »

Chuck, thanks very much for all your contributions to this wonderful site.
And please keep enlightening us, as you did sharing the details of a wise decision.
All the best,
Horacio
Horacio Berardone Bouhébent
LV-NGL 1946 C140 SN 10.260.
Based CLN, Colón, Entre Rios, Argentina.
Formerly 9Q-CKN Based FZAB, NDolo, Kinshasa, Congo.
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Post by 6898 »

Chuck, Thanks for the gracious post. We all will come upon the day that things must be passed on. Hope you stay tuned in to the Assoc. it's a wonderful group we need your experience and wisdom for the next bunch who will take care of these 120's and 40's Jeff NC3600V
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023
VIP529
Name: Victor
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes until the cows come home..........they're still out!

Post by VIP529 »

A simple and elegant statement that covers a long run with a great group of people. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and with the airplane close, perhaps your vertigo will subside and you can sneak in some flights in the future with your old friend!
Name: Chuck
Occupation-Interests: Retired. Comm ASMEL, Istrument, CFI, CFII, MEI, A&P/IA, Flight Engineer.

Post by 1307 »

Renewed my membership. Just couldn't not do it.