Unable to navigate to Home Page

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Re: Unable to navigate to Home Page

Post by Rob Swanland »

8233 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 pm Awesome work Rob! How are things looking for restoring the old forum posts?
Thanks for the positive words David. John Cooper has been assisting me with the recovery of the old forum content - once I have this website migration running smoothly I will be back on the forum project.

Rob
PS - surprising how many of us Cessna 120/140 folks also have Bellancas - a complementary pairing I suppose!
Name: David Freeland
Aircraft Type: 1946 C120
Occupation-Interests: Program Management

Post by 8233 »

Rob Swanland wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:15 am
8233 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 pm Awesome work Rob! How are things looking for restoring the old forum posts?
Thanks for the positive words David. John Cooper has been assisting me with the recovery of the old forum content - once I have this website migration running smoothly I will be back on the forum project.

Rob
PS - surprising how many of us Cessna 120/140 folks also have Bellancas - a complementary pairing I suppose!
Thanks Rob. The man hours has to be overwhelming I'm sure but the efforts are truly appreciated. The Super Viking is not something I set out to buy, the opportunity presented itself and I have been a fan ever since. They are great flying airplanes.
Last edited by 8233 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Freeland - CFII
1972 Bellanca Super Viking and 1946 Cessna 120
Name: John C
Aircraft Type: 1946 C140/C90
Occupation-Interests: A&P, semi-retired

Post by 6643 »

8233 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 pmHow are things looking for restoring the old forum posts?
Each old forum post must be "recreated" manually. It is tedious work. It took me almost three weeks to restore the thread "My 1946 120 Resto project N77220". After that I sort of lost my head of steam. That said, if there is a specific thread you'd like to see restored, send me an email or private message and I'll see what I can do.
VIP529
Name: Victor
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes until the cows come home..........they're still out!

Post by VIP529 »

Great question: Basically it's up to John and I to recreate old posts. There are zillions of them. For me it's a "winter project" as Michigan summers are all too short and I like to be outside doing something. Next winter we'll get back at it.

John and I came up with a plan to search for unique information that has not since been re-generated on the new forum. As John posted, if you're searching for something specific, let us know.

Great Job Rob!!!!!! in putting us in the real 21st and a quarter century. The new site looks awesome!
Name: John C
Aircraft Type: 1946 C140/C90
Occupation-Interests: A&P, semi-retired

Post by 6643 »

I have posted a thread where you can request topics or threads you remember and hold dear. No promises, but we'll do what we can. You will find it at the top of this forum.

As Victor pointed out, though, long, cold winter nights are more conducive to that sort of work.
Name: David Freeland
Aircraft Type: 1946 C120
Occupation-Interests: Program Management

Post by 8233 »

Rob Swanland wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:58 pm Thanks for the feedback. Just like everyone else I don't like change either. Over the course of the next couple of weeks there will be a lot of refinements to the new website which should improve various problems as you have noted, and improve the performance of the site in general - please be patient and continue sending or posting feedback.
Rob, are you aware of the broken links in the resources section? There are quite a few but I wasn't going to post a list if you already have it on your to-do list. Let me now if you want more details but seems to mostly be in Airworthiness Directives, STCs,

A few items are not linked in the Documents section and looks like the various templates and paint scheme detail from the previous site is no longer listed. Also looks like several of the thumbnails are not loading for me either.

Thanks
David Freeland - CFII
1972 Bellanca Super Viking and 1946 Cessna 120
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Post by Rob Swanland »

David... thanks for the message. Yes, I am aware of the missing and broken links. I didn't want to delay going live with the new site so I included all list items even if the links are not working. I am resolving these one at a time. --Rob