Wheel landing versus 3 point.

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: John Kliewer
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests: Corporate PIlot - retired

Re: Wheel landing versus 3 point.

Post by 6863 »

Paul Berge in his AvWeb column titled "How to Look Less Worse When Tailwheel Flying" https://www.avweb.com/insider/how-to-lo ... mment-2043 has just settled this question forever. ;) Or not, I'm sure.

My favorite line from his article is "The seller, a non-CFI, advised me to “always full-stall land,” meaning close the throttle and pull back on the stick until my investment dropped to the pavement like Sydney Greenstreet falling off a bar stool. He was wrong." :lol:
John Kliewer

"Make things as simple as possible but no simpler." Albert Einstiein

"Wheels move the body. Wings move the soul."
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Re: Wheel landing versus 3 point.

Post by 2066 »

6863 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 am Paul Berge in his AvWeb column titled "How to Look Less Worse When Tailwheel Flying" https://www.avweb.com/insider/how-to-lo ... mment-2043 has just settled this question forever. ;) Or not, I'm sure.

My favorite line from his article is "The seller, a non-CFI, advised me to “always full-stall land,” meaning close the throttle and pull back on the stick until my investment dropped to the pavement like Sydney Greenstreet falling off a bar stool. He was wrong." :lol:
What a great laugh to kick off a Monday, John!! I think I've flown with that "seller"...in fact, I've inadvertedly followed similar advice a few times over these 35+ years that I've been trying to learn how to "look-less-worse" landing the 140. Good one -- thanks, again. Mac