A Book Worth Reading

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

A Book Worth Reading

Post by Rob Swanland »

Yesterday I finished reading Ibu Alvarado’s new book, 9,000 Hours and Counting. I was impressed at several levels and strongly encourage other members to get a copy and read it. It’s a captivating story of a fellow aviator’s life from five years old up to near present day with many challenges and adventures recounted over the years. Ibu was raised in Panama and talks about the world of aviation from a different perspective than what we are accustomed to here in the USA. The common denominator is the love of the freedom of flight. As a bonus I learned quite a bit about the geography of Panama and Central America. There’s a message in this book for everyone. I hope we can convince Ibu to make it to an upcoming convention and give us a personal presentation.
Name: Tom Macdonald
Aircraft Type: 46 Cessna 120
Occupation-Interests: A&P IA Mechanic

Re: A Book Worth Reading

Post by 5557 »

Rob - thanks for the point-out and recommendation on Ibu's book. He would be a great speaker/story-teller at one of our annual conventions.
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

That does it...............I'll have to get a copy. I love real life experiences.

I read a short story once by an English guy who spent 4 years traveling the globe on a motorcycle............fas cin ate ING! Fascinating!
Rob Swanland
Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: C-140A
Occupation-Interests: Website & Forum Administrator

Post by Rob Swanland »

5557 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 pm Rob - thanks for the point-out and recommendation on Ibu's book. He would be a great speaker/story-teller at one of our annual conventions.
Good idea Tom... I have asked Ibu if he would be interested in making a presentation.