A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Les S
Aircraft Type: C-
Occupation-Interests: QC Inspector, SWA. A&P IA, Commercial Pilot.

Post by 8339 »

Hi Y'all,
I am Les Schmied, and live in the N. Texas area. I work for SWA as an Inspector, and am a Commercial pilot too. I have experience in Structures, Avionics, and have been doing this stuff for a little while. I used to own a Cherokee 140, and I am currently looking at a Cessna 140. Have a few questions on the airplane im looking at, shady logs, (missing 46-66, 82-09) different engine was last overhauled during the Kennedy Administration. (not kidding june 1963) Not surprised if the previous owners were affiliated with 120/140 Association. Anyone have the time, please give me a shout at 817-917-1169. Since I had some Cessna experience, but not sure what all to look for, or what this aircraft is worth. I am looking at a minimum of an overhaul, and discount because of incomplete logs, and logs that need work in general.
Hope to meet with some of you in future events!
Take care,
Les
cell 817-917-1169
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Re: New Member

Post by 6898 »

Hi Les and welcome to a great group. Left you a PM at your cell number. You should be able to find all your answers here there are a lot of tech's and knowledgeable people that are willing to help. Jeff
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023
Name: Les S
Aircraft Type: C-
Occupation-Interests: QC Inspector, SWA. A&P IA, Commercial Pilot.

Post by 8339 »

A BIG thank you for the kind member ho have reached out to me on this forum. Dave, Mack, Bob, and Jeff, thank you especially for offering your assistance in helping me find a 140! I will post when I have a moment, but again just wanted to give a thank you to these fine gentlemen. I love this group already! If anyone does or is thinking of selling a 140, price range below 26 or so, please let me know. It doesnt have to be beautiful, just straight.
leselrain@yahoo.com. or PM me
THanks!
LES
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

Check on Barnstormers and Trade A Plane.

You'll find on line there are quite a few for sale. I would think in the price range you're talking about you can find one with complete logs and a more recent engine.

What you don't pay up front now, may come back at you whenever you decide to sell. I always go for the best I can afford, ........pays dividends later on................*usually*