ADS-B Rebate and LSA

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Re: ADS-B Rebate and LSA

Post by 2066 »

Similar to David, we're on the edge of Charlotte Class B as well as other airspace requiring the "mandate". With my kind of flying these days ($500 hamburger excursions are a MAJOR X - C :) ), I could probably pick my way around & go sans "Out" but it just seems kinda "nice" to provide a bit more info. to anyone out there, 'though I hope they're still looking outside the cockpit, too! As a "bonus", I can report that Charlotte ATC contacts seem a lot smoother. And, while I didn't wait for the SkyBeacon, I remain a fan and highly respect the folks at uAvionix for their skill and professionalism (and, tenacity!) in bringing a much needed product to market. My "In" is via the iFLY 740B with a uAvionix "Ping Buddy" -- I thought my old Garmin 196 was great, so this really blows my mind! Yep...gotta remind ourselves to keep looking outside! :roll: Mac