THANKSGIVING!

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

THANKSGIVING!

Post by 2066 »

Thankful! To the Association for continuing to make this forum available, to the lead moderator, and to all of those who contribute and share experience, expertise, research, resources, advice and encouragement for us to aviate safely and to maintain airworthiness with these wonderful aircraft!
Mac
Name: John Kliewer
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests: Corporate PIlot - retired

Re: THANKSGIVING!

Post by 6863 »

Yes Mac. You said it well. This forum is a daily go to for me. I open it every morning prior to leaving the house, and sometimes even more often. Thank you to those who make it possible and meaningful through your expertise and diligence.

This morning my phone popped up a memories photo which I took in 2012 at the museum on the Le Bourget airport during a several day layover. This is a photo of the Leduc 022. According to Wikipedia, it is the only article of its type, having been preceded by two other similar but different prototypes. The small bubble on top of the canopy is there to accommodate the pilot's head, all this of which is to say that today I am thankful on behalf of all prospective Leduc 022 test pilots that they were fortunate enough for the program to have been cancelled in 1958 due to budgetary reasons. Happy Thanksgiving to them and their families. May we all be so fortunate in life. And now after viewing this photo I will go out and give my 120 another hug.
Attachments
IMG_1776.JPG
IMG_1776.JPG (493.85 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
John Kliewer

"Make things as simple as possible but no simpler." Albert Einstiein

"Wheels move the body. Wings move the soul."
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Re: THANKSGIVING!

Post by 2066 »

Great pic of an incredible aircraft, John -- glad you kept it and could share. It would seem that the designers may have almost finished it...then realized that they needed to squeeze a pilot in :o (?). Comparing the Leduc and even looking at all of the others to come along before/since, with only minor compromises, "our" airplanes may be the best ever made ;) . Mac