140 Cross Country Adventure-Seeking Advice

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
emoryriver
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

140 Cross Country Adventure-Seeking Advice

Post by emoryriver »

Long story short...I'm a low time PPL who has invested in a 140 and spent the past two years getting it overhauled. Re-covered wings, O-200, dual AV-30s with TailbeaconX, and more. Looking for a CFI who is interested in a cross country adventure with me from TN to WY. I'll pay your time and bring a tent. Advice appreciated.
Name: Marshall B
Aircraft Type: Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests:

Re: 140 Cross Country Adventure-Seeking Advice

Post by 8434 »

Sounds like you have the makings of an adventure. My opinion on the matter would be to leave the CFI at home. If you are not current then do a short cross country and brush up on whatever needs work with a CFI before your grand adventure. Why? Well, your CFI will have all the answers, no need to wonder into a flight school and ask about parking or camping or winds through a nasty pass. That's a missed opportunity to experience the awesome aviation community. Just keep your CFI on speed dial.

Just an opinion.
Name: Rick F
Aircraft Type: C-140 (sold)
Occupation-Interests: Captain B-777 (Retired)

Re: 140 Cross Country Adventure-Seeking Advice

Post by 8342 »

PM sent

Rick