New Owner & Huge Thanks

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
zvekovius
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

New Owner & Huge Thanks

Post by zvekovius »

Hey All! New owner to a 1947 Cessna 140 (S/N 12306). It was quite the process that spanned over a few months. But I'm happy to report it has settled in at its new home after a 1,017 NM trip across the country. Being a completely new tail wheel pilot, it sure felt like a handful at first. However, after the first 5 hours it started to get fun and I started enjoying it quite a bit. Despite spending 20 hours cramped inside getting home, it was still fun taking it up the next day to practice landings with a great wind down the runway. Wheel landings are getting smooth and feeling like an accomplishment.

I'd like to give a huge thank you to everyone in the association, I most definitely wouldn't have found nor purchased this plane without the resources you all provide. Every person I found on the member list was more than willing to take the time and share their experiences and opinions about the model (Thanks to Bruce for being a local pilot pointing me in the right direction). Even when calling around looking for instructors, everyone I met was great to talk with. I'd like to especially call out Victor for having multiple conversations with me about different aspects. I went from feeling very unsure to pretty confident things were going to be great.

N2070N will enjoy a cozy hangar in central SD living off a 3,500 grass strip. It has been well taken care of up to this point, and I hope I can be good steward to the history this bird has seen.

I hope to make & see you all at the next association meetup as it's a bit closer than 1,000 miles away :)

tonycondon
Name: Tony
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Pilot, CFI, DPE

Re: New Owner & Huge Thanks

Post by tonycondon »

Awesome! I thought N2070N had been wrecked. Glad to see it flying again!

A good friend of mine owned it while I was in college in Ames, IA. We flew it to Memphis, TN once for the Soaring Society's Convention and another time to Gaston's in Arkansas for a fly in. It's a good one!
N2395N
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

Outstanding!! Good to hear, glad you made it home safely and are on your way to enjoying that fine aircraft! Picture posting is always appreciated, the setting you have there looks perfect!
frog
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by frog »

Congrats, I am also a new owner and excited to start flying my new 77 year old airplane