Rental Cars for Sturgis convention

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Rental Cars for Sturgis convention

Post by 4203 »

Enterprise of the Sturgis/Spearfish area said all rental cars are sold out due to high demand. Will alternate transportation be available (ie; Van)? If a van is a possibility, I am willing to drive it. Can someone please advise regarding a solution.

I am hoping to fly from Ohio. Bill Suter
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: Rental Cars for Sturgis convention

Post by V529 »

Hi Bill,

If Enterprise is sold out (it's my understanding you can pick up at the Spearfish airport, or you can pick up at Rapid city) I think you only other option is at the Sturgis airport. They have rental vehicles, but they are $150 per day :shock: So would be best to double or triple up with someone? It's about 15 miles down the highway from "the airport" to the "hotel".
Name: Blaine F
Aircraft Type: C140A
Occupation-Interests: Helicopter Pilot

Post by 8474 »

Just a short stroll for us then :D I'm sure someone who has a rental car will feel pity for us stragglers. On another question, are there tie downs at Sturgis? Meaning hard points and we only need to bring ropes?

Thanks
Name: Blaine F
Aircraft Type: C140A
Occupation-Interests: Helicopter Pilot

Post by 8474 »

I do see that the Sturgis airport website says they have tie downs (hard points) available but I wonder if they will have enough for the whole flock.....
VIP337
Name: Bill Rhoades
Occupation-Interests: nwa Retired

Post by VIP337 »

Is there any need for those of us that are driving to throw a set of tiedowns car?

All
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Post by 6898 »

Bill bring some just in case I will too.
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023
V529
Name: Victor G
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

I'll be turning in my rental car (out of the spearfish airport, not sturgis airport) through Enterprise today, if someone needs one, call Eagle Aviation at Spearfish to set it up. I'm splitting car costs with Les, so won't need my own.

I'll turn it in this afternoon to give folks time to see this message.
VIP209
Name: Ken D
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by VIP209 »

I'll be flying into Rapid City on the airlines and have a rental car reserved there, returning it on Saturday by noon. My inbound flight is scheduled to arrive Wednesday night, around 9:00 PM, from a UA connection in Denver. If anybody else is flying into Rapid City Wednesday afternoon or evening and needs ground transportation to and from the Convention, I still have some empty seats available. You may call me on my cell at (281) 704-3958 for details or to ask me to hold a seat for you.

Ken Dwight
Texas State Rep.