Michigan Fly In

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Michigan Fly In

Post by V529 »

Michigan is hosting a local 120-140 Fly in June 18th at Clare Municipal. 48D

Hours are 10am until you decided you need to fly on to other destinations.
Meet new friends and find old friends.

Hosted by long time Michigan Rep's Dick and Nicki Acker.
Hope to see you there!
V529
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: Michigan Fly In

Post by V529 »

Clare Michigan Fly in this weekend. Our host Dick & Nicky Acker have ordered perfect weather and it appears that they have succeeded. (well.......forecast says so..........!!!)

Hope to see old friends and meet new ones!
mnewb1
Name: Mark N
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by mnewb1 »

Just want to say thank you to all who participated. We have a cottage on Lake George and I was happy to be nearby to stop in.

I have not flown in about 7 years now and especially with recent skyrocketing prices, I am priced out of almost all flying missions…but not the 120/140. Sure I could look at a 150/152… but way too boring.

So, medical is in order, I will get my BFR and then it time for a tail dragger endorsement.

Thank you again and look forward to the next fly-in
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Post by 6898 »

Always wanted to fly to Clare I've sure had plenty of invites! Saturday was a perfect day even with 20kts on the nose at 7am heading north east only hope was push going home and there was. 6 hr of seat time there and back for a wonderful flight , great friends , oh and the purpose LUNCH. Thank You Dick and Nicki for always making me comfortable and welcome. Never really fly distance without my Co Pilot Cindy and was kind of boring in flight but I'm blown away 5.4 gph with 1 and usually see 6.1 to 6.5 with 2 on board.(Marvel and lean C-90) anyone see that in there trips? Thank You Dick and Nicki for all your years of active help and support with the aviation community and especially the 120 140 Assoc. JEFF
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023
V529

Post by V529 »

Good turn out, great times! Thank you Dick and Nicki. Oh........and we all appreciated the PERFECT weather. At about 2/3 of a mile up I could see zillions of miles in all directions. Some flying events......the stars align............