Ed Vopelak

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Matt and Carole Rybarczyk
Aircraft Type: 120
Occupation-Interests: Retired

Ed Vopelak

Post by 1567 »

Judy Vopelak called me with the news that Ed passed last week. He was one of our old-timers. He and Judy were such a support to Matt and I as new state reps many years ago. Ed would have been 90 next week. He had been in nursing home for 3 years. Judy learned to drive so she could drive to nursing home each day and spend the day with him. The last nine months of course were spent in pleasant weather communication through window. He always called Judy "his bride". I'm sure there are many of you who remember them from conventions. If you would like to drop Judy a note her address is: Judy Vopelak 2223 W. Burbank Ave. Janesville, WI 53546 Thanks, Carole Rybarczyk
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Re: Ed Vopelak

Post by 2066 »

Thanks, Carole.
Mac
VIP337
Name: Bill Rhoades
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: nwa Retired

Post by VIP337 »

Sorry to hear about Ed. It brings back a lot of memories. I think that Ed was one of our founding members, if not he had a a double digit membership. Again if my memory is right I think Ed was also a member if a 140 club that was in existence when ours was forming. I got a flashback of the Anderson Indiana convention and the trip home. Anderson was the only Convention that I had to leave the plane twice before I got it home. One stop was Janesville where I had lunch with Ed while waiting for the weather to clear. It didn't, but being young I went anyway. The next day with the plane safely parked I flew home from Madison to await better weather. The good old days.

Bill
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

Thanks for posting Carole.