Michigan Parts

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Michigan Parts

Post by V529 »

I've just posted an ad in the Market place for some parts in Michigan. Seldom these days do you get an opportunity to "see what's in the Barn". About 25 years ago I got acquainted with Rich Fifer out of Battle Creek Michigan while I was re-building my airplane after a windstorm demolished it. We swapped some parts at that time. Rich got ahold of me recently and mentioned he wanted to "sell everything", so Andy Cotyk and I visited his hangar last Saturday and looked over his pile of airplanes and parts.

It was pretty neat, Rich used to run some Missionary pilot training out of his private grass strip and had a flying 140, 180 and 182. All three airplanes are in need of some love, but could be made to fly again. Rich has a 40X 80 pole barn full of airplanes, parts, an old 1977 RV with 40,000 miles on it(practially brand new right?) etc and so on. He plans on having an auction early October,,,,,,,,,,,,Covid permitting.

85 acres, and the house, private strip and just about everything including a cool pair of Oliver tractors will probably be sold.

I'm just getting the word out in case anyone has interest, and also to mention, what you see on American Pickers............still exists. And sometimes you get to be the first one to tour the place!