Convention

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
VIP337
Name: Bill Rhoades
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: nwa Retired

Convention

Post by VIP337 »

We have made reservations and are looking forward to getting together with the friends we have made over the last 37 years. My how time flies.

Bill & Carol
V529
Name: Victor G
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: Convention

Post by V529 »

Only a month away!
Name: Chris Hardee
Aircraft Type: 140
Occupation-Interests: Airline pilot

Post by 8056 »

This will be my first convention. I live about 140 miles away and plan to come out (hopefully fly) for at least one day, maybe two, work permittting. Are all the happenings generally on the airport grounds? Continuous throughout the day? I haven't seen seen a lot of detail in the schedule up to this point.

I look forward to meeting some new friends and seeing some great airplanes. I've already started to clean mine up a little!

Thanks,

Chris
Name: Eric O
Occupation-Interests: A&P IA

Post by 8313 »

Anyone flying to DYR from the Minneapolis area? We are going to be headed south from Lake Elmo (21D) on Thursday AM.
Thanks
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Post by 6898 »

Chris look under convention at scheduled events. days are sometimes fly outs and evenings are dinner gatherings theirs always been a crowd at the FBO during the week. Saturday is the FBO flying events and dont miss out on the Saturday night banquet see you there
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023
Name: Brett S
Aircraft Type: C-140
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 7341 »

Hotel is booked - can't wait to see everyone again!!!

Working on putting the wings back on the 140 this week so I can fly down on Monday... if this doesn't get finished I guess I'll flip a coin and bring something else. Either way we're really looking forward to being in Tennessee with everyone next week.
Brett Swartzendruber
Kansas State Rep
NC89932 (1946 C-140)
Name: Virgil W
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 6409 »

Remember this year you can pre-register before you head to Dyersburg. You’ll save time and be able to pick up your tickets and credentials upon arrival. I would encourage each of you to attend! Fly or drive...it doesn’t matter. Having the opportunity to meet other members is so valuable. Friendships have been forged at our fly-in conventions that become stronger each year. I hope to see you next week in Dyersburg.
Virgil Warren,
Immediate Past President
KMAC
Macon Downtown Airport
VIP337
Name: Bill Rhoades
Occupation-Interests: nwa Retired

Post by VIP337 »

Vigil,

It will be good to see you again. Carol and I have pre-registered and will be there on Tuesday.

Bill
V529
Name: Victor G
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

We're watching the weather. We should have a intermittent stream of Michiganders Monday through the week. Weather up here looks good.........all depends on getting through to down there.
Name: John S
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Convention transportation?

Post by 6555 »

Hello All:

WX permitting I will fly down Wednesday, the hotel is not real close to the airport. Does anyone know the deal on transportation the guy at the hotel was rather clueless. thanks.....John Sharkey (moshark99@aol.com)