Tail Pull Handle

Display Pictures of Your Aircraft and Restoration Projects

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Tail Pull Handle

Post by 8224 »

I bought the Tail Pull Handle kit from BAS, Inc. In Eatonville, WA a month or so ago. I finished the installation today. The installation was very simple, straight forward, and easy to accomplish. The workmanship on the kit was very good, complete, and the directions were easy to understand. They even supplied the rivets to install it! I am in the process of restoring the 140 so access the the work area (way back in the fuselage) was not to bad. I am 73” tall, 185 pounds, and 84 years old and still didn’t have to much trouble. Had to get a neighbor to drive the 12 #4 rivets but that was the only help I needed. I have owned two different Luscomb 8As and neither had the tail pull installed. The temptation to lift the tail by using the HS is always there! I think the handle should have been installed as original equipment. I highly recommend this alteration. If anyone is interested I will be happy to send pictures and help in anyway I can. My cell phone is: (520) 237 3373
Steve H
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: Tail Pull Handle

Post by V529 »

Steve,
Thank you for posting. Your post is encouraging in that mere mortals like myself who are barely over 60 would be able to install that mod.